International workshop on Community Participation in Transport ManagementBackground
Community participation in transport management is a fundamental issue in all ITDG projects. In a programme of activities co-funded by the European Commission ITDG¡¦s country offices in Kenya, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Peru carried out a range of transport programmes.
The opportunity has come for participants of this programme and from other organisations working on similar programmes to share experiences, and the lessons learnt and to prepare for taking forward approaches that have worked.
To promote sustainable systems of rural transport through community management.
Proposed Theme Issues
- Community participation and policy influencing
- Transport infrastructure management and community involvement in sustainability: levels of effective community involvement ¡Vplanning, decision making, infrastructure building or rehabilitation and maintenance. Early assessment
- Effective partnerships for sustainable transport infrastructure, e.g. micro enterprises for road maintenance
- Rural transport indicators
- Mainstreaming gender in transport, a case study
- Integrated rural accessibility planning (IRAP)
- Road safety and education in rural areas
More details and an application form can be requested to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional East and South Africa
Safety and Security
Rural Roads IMTs
Regional West and Central Africa
Mobility as a Human Right
Regional Latin America