Job Vacancy - Infrastructure Specialist, Skat.
Skat seeks an experienced Infrastructure Specialist
Skat is a leading Swiss resource centre and consultancy group, working internationally in development co-operation, and specialising in technical, social, institutional and economic aspects of infrastructure and environmental management, water supply and sanitation, solid waste management, sustainable building and settlement development as well as mobility and transport. Our clients include Swiss, bilateral and multilateral donors and development agencies. Skat's partners are a wide variety of institutions and government and non-government organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
Skat seeks an experienced professional who is willing to settle in St. Gallen, Switzerland, to fill the position of:
The successful applicant will have a strong background in rural and urban infrastructure development such as sustainable building as well as water supply and environmental sanitation. The responsibilities of the position include:
• Developing and implementing sector-specific concepts and strategies that balance social, institutional, economic, environmental, technical and legal aspects;
• Investigating, reviewing, and documenting ‘best practice’ in developing countries;
• Providing practical, technical and managerial support to projects and programmes on behalf of Skat and its clients;
• Manging and supervising implementation projects in the field of sustainable building, water supply and sanitation;
• Participating in national and international networks;
• Acquiring new projects and partnerships;
• Undertaking innovative international consultancies of 50 - 100 days per year;
• Capacity building and training;
• Programme administration and co-ordination.
The qualifications required are:
• A B.Sc. or Masters level qualification in Civil/Rural Engineering or Architecture or related field.
• Age: 30 to 45 years
• 5 years experience in rural and urban water and environmental sanitation and/or building/reconstruction projects - in developing countries and/or countries in transition;
• Experience of project appraisal, project management and administration, monitoring and evaluation, human resources development;
• A good working knowledge of the procedures and practices of international development agencies;
• Experience in acquiring new projects;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team;
• Proven ability to plan and work to deadlines;
• Good written and oral communication and presentation skills;
• Fluent in written and spoken English and French; Spanish and/or Russian would be an asset;
• A working knowledge of German is an advantage.
Applications (including detailed curriculum vitae in English, with photograph) to:
Skat Attention: Mrs.Laura Garcia, Vadianstrasse 42, CH-9000 St. Gallen, Fax:+ 41 71 228 54 55, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31. March 2010